Sunday, February 28, 2010

Community outreach programme 2010...





8.2.2010...The last day of Chinese New Year 2010.. Time ws running fast... 2months past in the yr of 2010...supposedly..can hang out to celebrate this "yuan xiao jie"... but then bcz of this COP which is held annually by our pharmacy society.. so..so... cnt go out n hv fun le... jz hv tot that in Dong Chan Shi of Klang..there will be a lot of attractive n preetty set up for the celebration... in hope that next yr I'l hv a chance to go n enjoy watching it...

This time for COP..it ws held in Tropicana Mall,PJ..10am-6pm..a new shopping complex..opened since last one yr ago..n it ws the first time i ws going there... At first as one of the volunteer member of COP..bt then joined for Green Lung Booth.. taking care of the booth, doing carbon monoxide analyzing for the public who came, giving counselling n our main objective of the booth- ws to encourage the smoker to QUIT SMOKING..

2dy..it served for me a really enriched experience throughout the 2yrs times tat I hd been taken the course of pharmacy.. I hd a face to face chat, giving advice based on the CO analyzer done, solve problem of public when they asked us about some medication advice related to their condition, asked for ur suggestion n etc... which demand a lot of soft skills... required us to translate what we hd learnt from the book to a public language n giv appropriate advice..

Actually..all of these were not difficult...Be confidence of what u hd learnt, tried to get to the public condition n be confidence of what u r saying..yes..these were all precious experience that what I hd gained in Green Lung Booth... thx for all the members that were so dedicated n committed to the whole procedure.. esp our head Sue n hui li, who only slept for 3 hrs yesterday.. as they went with othr COP commmittee to set up the booth earlier... thx urs.. Muacks muacks...^^

N the little little contribution of me for the UM Green Lung Society- the 3D model of cigarette drop box.. It ws the second piece of art of mine in my art gallery.. is fine.. although the first one hd been a failure.. bt this 2nd piece.. a successful model..will be remained for the rest of the life of UM Green Lung until it is fully filled up with the cigarette by contribution of the smokers that v encouraged them to quit smoking.. yes.. it sounded that it would be taken a long long time.. mayb till the yr that I'm graduated.. the goal is still not achievable.. but it is a life long box for Green Lung.. the war that will be continued by our juniors...

Although 2dy we jz managed to persuade certain smokers to drop their cigratte, around 15++ batang only.. bt it is a starting point.. for us..for the ppl around u..for the one u love.. for our earth..

During the booth.. I met with different kind of ppl.. ya.. u'l totally be surprised that.. the kl ppl, were knowledgeable, health awareness... well spoken eng.. esp the older one.. yes.. it's a truth.. The guy that made my cigratte drop box be memorable 2dy, in fact, was his beloved girlfriend that love n care for him so much.. dropped the whole box of cigarettes into our box... her love that worth than a thousand words.. As I ws in the situation, it ws touched to see her sparkling eyes with love inside...

I did meet with ppl who like to usik n disturbing..hahaa..I jz rmbr u..during my shift of doing registration..keep on troubling me.. when I asked him of name n ic no, he asked me pula do u hv a boyfriend?? oh my goodness.. it should not be ur matter rite?? then I smiled with him, asked him pula do u hv a girlfriend?? he answ me n asked me pula where do I stay then?? bla bla bla.. this guy.. 32yo..ws so so troublesome.. not coming for test one.. hahaa.. v knew this then.. bt finally it ws fine...

Another uncle..62yrs old..woww..so healthy n talkative..interesting n humorous too... u'l be mesmerized by what he said.. " I'm not a smoker, but a good kisser.." Hahaa.. seemed like he is really a good kisser... his story then... waww.. unbelievable tat he ws 62yo ady... the ever "chui shui" sian sen tat i met..

Happy Yuan Xiao for all...

No comments:

Post a Comment