Saturday, July 23, 2011

Caring...

Well... Caring is the community phamacy that I'm attached to recently... The first day of it was my 23rd birthday... Anyway, i was glad to be attached there... The pharmacist that I was attached to was kinda busy with her work, as she was the manager of the outlet there... and i found out that she worked only 2 or 3 days per week.. n that's why my attachment period had been dragged even longer now...

At the same time, i was now attached to another pharmacist as well, Miss Ooi, besides Nicole... Both of them were nice... Miss Ooi shared me a lot of basic knowledge about the patient's counselling and handling of difficult case... I felt grateful enough for her guidance... seriously speaking... but sad to say that... this coming week would be her last day in Caring there... so, i would work for her as well... (^_^) ....

The first week of my attachment, sometimes, it was tired as I stood from 9am-5.30pm... helping my pharmacist to take drug for the patients, serving the customers in the shop there, tagging price tag of the new drugs, checking drug store n etc...

Miss Ooi expected a lot from me.. n she was just dare enough to let me handle the patients who seek for medication... first day of it, she allowed me to consult the diabetic and high cholesterol patients who bought metformin 500mg and atorvastatin 20mg... not only that, when the shop was busy (last thursday), she would allow me to even dispense medication like Beno expectorant, Tussidex for dry cough, Zyrtec-D n Fedac for blocked runny nose... luckily, she taught me the "formulae" of the specific drug they commonly dispense for the condition on the very first day.. ... if not, i wont have that much knowlegde and skill to handle the case... I would thank her from the bottom of my heart... I loved her... ... *loving loving* her... ... ^^...

A few people that I remembered the most... 18July- the uncle who was feeling so shy and came to me... " Leng lui, can you explain to me what's the difference between the different type of Durex?" he stood near to the sexual product area ... ... "sorry, boss, I was the new trainee here... would you mind I ask the pharmacist to explain to you more? ..." ... hahaa... I answered him that way... I got no idea about it... definitely...

Another case was that I spent for about an hour to chat with the woman who came and bought the antidepressant medication, Seroxat... Omg.. sometimes, it was hard to communicate with her... as she felt so lonely and depressed... n other workers in Caring told me that she came frequently to disturb them... and everyone was ignoring her as they were busy with their things too, i understood... so, it was my weekly job now to talk and comfort her... ... (@-@)... I thought, I was not a good counsellor for the depressed people...

Looking at the pages and pages of assignment that I needed to retype... My laziness arised again... I havent started even for a single page... hahaa...

No comments:

Post a Comment