Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The book - A bowl of Nsima...

Sometimes... It was of great pleasure.... pleasure of reading... pleasure of enjoying a cup of hot chocolate milk drink while reading a book... a book that brought you to their life... the second book that I finished reading up today... "A bowl of Nsima"... ...


I thought majority of us... having been told of the life in Africa... we knew that they were really living in devastated poor... famine everywhere... death... disease... But, how much did we know the true life of them?

How much could we feel about their pain? How poor they were? How dark was their sky? How depressed they were? How hopeless in their life?

I got to know them a little bit more... ... ya.. just a little bit more... ...





It was the book... the book that gave me a sense of depth sympathy and aroused my love for them... The story was truth life in Malawi, one of the town in Africa... content written up by a few volunteers who worked n helped up there...

Never thought that their condition was ten times worst as what I had imagined before...


It was in bi-language, I read both the language write-up, and this time, I preferred the chinese version...



I still could remember how the writer described the place they stayed... the meaning of poor to them... n the meaning of poor to us... ... .... how lucky we were, actually... every night, we have a warm bed awaiting for us... we have a huggable blanket... a cosy house... fan, TV, computer... ... if they had all those things, it meant a trillion for them ady... Do you realize it?



The child was having his "Nsima"... Nsima was the main source of food in their country... "A bowl of Nsima"... was a definite survival for them... ...

How innocence was his eye... I could feel it.. ... ...




A bowl of Nsima meant a lot in their life... ... but people around us... the world... kept on complaining... this and that...


Life sometimes fulled with ups and downs... but we could make it left and right... Have you tried for it? Before making any complaint, plz... having a second thought... just dont simply complain...




I got to know... when they had no food... they searched for insects to fill up their hungry...

"Insects"... esp ants... ... had become part of their meal everyday... ...



To be able to attend school and learn to write and draw, to them, is the biggest gift in their life...


I loved this photo so much... They reminded me of embracing knowledge... Knowledge was not gained in an easy way... ... It was the gift of life... ...


They enjoyed every meal presented to them...


Do you appreciate every meal you have? truly speaking... ...

"I felt blissful enough... to have my mum's food n soup every day n night... ...^^... " ... ...


It was another article from the book...


"一寸一寸的活... 一寸一寸的离开人间..." ... ...

deep sadness... ...




since a very young age... they were forced to work... not to earn money... but just for the purpose of survival... ...


Do you know that if they rejected to work, how bad would be the consequence they faced?




Another touching article from the book - "Infinity and beyond"...

"天荒地老"... ...

At the end, the child was died... He had saved his mother and his neighboursss... ... I was running into the story... ... the writer had wrote it so movable that... ... it made your tears to drop... ... ...


finally... I believed... ... i believed that the belief that I had when i was very young... n it appeared in the book..

"虽然这个世界很复杂... 但是我还会相信... 相信单纯的人存在着... 因为我是一个单纯的自己..."



It was another write-up... ... long story too... but I liked the story... ... a truth picture of "heart and soul"... ...




"Muacksss... " .... ....

~ The end~~

Friends, when you meet the book one day, do spare sometimes for it... believed me... ...


It was not a thousand that count but a little bit of love you gained that grow you up ...

No comments:

Post a Comment